Precision Ground Bars
Precision ground bars are bright bars that are further machined, processed, precision straightened and polished to enhance the surface finish and dimensional tolerances. They are supplied in volume to those clients who require very tight tolerances for their component, such as pneumatic cylinders, valve stems, piston and pump shafts. They are a semi finished product where our clients will not need to further machine the diameter or enhance the surface finish- our mirror finish surface is ready to use.
Avocet Precision Metals are your supplier of choice for stainless steel precision ground bars. We are the UK and Ireland agent for Venus Group/ Precision Metals PTE where European production machinery and quality standards are combined with a low cost economy to give our clients a competitive advantage.
Why Choose Avocet Precision Metals For Your Precision Ground Bars?
- Uniquely, Avocets partnership with Venus overcomes the widespread perception that purchasing material from India immediately compromises the quality requirements of European manufacturing.
- Using European plant equipment, carefully selected feedstock and European quality standards in a low cost economy, together with a friendly local service provides our clients with a competitive advantage in the highly competitive European market.
- Venus bar has been established for many years as reliable high quality product in continental Europe, particularly in Germany.
- Short lead times for production allow our clients to win new business.
- Avoid producing excess scrap and wasted time by using a semi finished product, manufactured to tight tolerances with a high quality surface finish.
- Extensive testing procedures including Eddy Current Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Impact testing and Magnetic Particle Testing gives our customers the peace of mind that every bar is of the desired quality.
Precision Ground Bars Specification
|Round||1.6mm – 152mm||ASTM A484 ISO286 – e6, f5, f6, f7, f8, g5, g6, g7, g8, h6, h7, h8, h9, h10, h11, h12, j6, k10, k11, k12, k13|
|Square||5mm – 50mm||ASTM A484, ISO h11, ISO k12|
|Hexagon||5mm – 50mm||ASTM A484, ISO h11 ,ISO k12|
- Cold Drawn
- Precision Straightened
- Mirror finish
- Cold Drawn, Centerless Ground & Polished
- Strain hardened (B8, B8M, B8M2 (class 2) & 2B)
- Peeled & Polished
- Peeled, Centerless Ground and Polished
- Smooth turned and polished
- Rough Turned and Polished
- Solenoid quality
- Bolting material for high temperature and pressure applications
- Annealed- B8, B8A, B8M (class 1)
- 17/4 PH
- 15-5 PH
- Duplex 2205
- Duplex 2304
Precision Ground Bars Quality
Precision Ground bars are tested using the following methods:
- Eddy Current Test
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Magnetic particle testing
Please use the Contact Us page or send an enquiry to email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch.