Stainless Steel Bright Bars
Stainless steels were developed in 1913 in Sheffield, UK, as a way of enhancing corrosion resistance of gun barrels in the run up to world war one. Additions of chromium were used together with pure iron for the first ever stainless steel. Today there are 4 main categories of stainless steel.
- Precipitation hardening
Avocet Precision Metals are key suppliers of stainless steel bright bars into the UK/Ireland manufacturing industry. Together with our partnership with Venus Group/Precision Metals PTE we provide our customers with a cost effective product, high quality material and friendly responsive service.
Why Choose Avocet Precision Metals For Your Stainless Steel Bright Bars:
- Uniquely, Avocets partnership with Venus overcomes the widespread perception that purchasing material from India immediately compromises the quality requirements of European manufacturing.
- Using European plant equipment, carefully selected feedstock and European quality standards in a low cost economy, together with a friendly local service provides our clients with a competitive advantage in the highly competitive European market.
- Venus bar has been established for many years as reliable high quality product in continental Europe, particularly in Germany.
- Short lead times for production allow our clients to win new business.
- Extensive testing procedures including Eddy Current Testing, Ultrasonic Testing, Impact testing and Magnetic Particle Testing gives our customers the peace of mind that every bar is of the desired quality.
Stainless Steel Bright Bars Quality
Stainless steel bright bars are tested using the following methods:
- Eddy Current Test
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Magnetic particle testing
Please use the Contact Us page or send an enquiry to email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch.
Stainless Steel Bright Bars Specification
|Round||1.6mm – 152mm||ASTM A484 ISO286 – e6, f5, f6, f7, f8, g5, g6, g7, g8, h6, h7, h8, h9, h10, h11, h12, j6, k10, k11, k12, k13|
|Square||5mm – 50mm||ASTM A484, ISO h11, ISO k12|
|Hexagon||5mm – 50mm||ASTM A484, ISO h11 ,ISO k12|
- Cold Drawn
- Precision Straightened
- Mirror finish
- Cold Drawn, Centerless Ground & Polished
- Strain hardened (B8, B8M, B8M2 (class 2) & 2B)
- Peeled & Polished
- Peeled, Centerless Ground and Polished
- Smooth turned and polished
- Rough Turned and Polished
- Solenoid quality
- Bolting material for high temperature and pressure applications
- Annealed- B8, B8A, B8M (class 1)
- 17/4 PH
- 15-5 PH
- Duplex 2205
- Duplex 2304